A Unique Professional Development Opportunity!
Sept. 27th-29th, 2019 Banyandah Naturally, NSW, Australia
Join internationally-acclaimed author and leading expert Leif Hallberg for a unique hands-on experience to learn more about the role of the horse in human health, and how connection to animals and the natural world can be clinically and educationally beneficial.
Having opened the eyes and minds of countless people across the world through her books and workshops, Leif brings her wisdom to Australia in the form of this not-to-be -missed professional development workshop.
This workshop explores the myriad of benefits that can be gained from respectful, mindful interactions between horses, humans and the natural world. We invite you to take this unique opportunity to learn and grow with horses while also honing your “humanship” skills.
What You Will Learn
- How the innate human connection to animals and natural world is clinically beneficial or helpful in an education setting, and how to craft strategies for including nature-rich experiences.
- The role of the horse in human healthcare and education, practices for application, and the ethics of appropriating another species for human wellbeing.
- How interactions with horses hone “humanship” skills – or the ability to be more present, aware, thoughtful, authentic, and connective.
- How these “humanship” skills can be applied to your professional relationships, your work with clients or students, and your personal life.
- How to differentiate (in theory and in practice) between equine-assisted mental health and equine-assisted learning, what clients or students are appropriate for which intervention, and how to recognize safe and ethical equine-assisted programs.
What to Expect
- Hands-on learning and personal experiences with horses, each other, and the natural world all in the context of professional development!
- A focus on personal awareness and practicing “humanship” skills.
- Time for discussion, individual reflection, and group process
- A focus on building authentic, respectful connection.
Length of Workshop
- 3 Days with 15+ hours of continuing education.
- Workshop runs Friday 9-5, Saturday 9-5, Sunday 9-12:30.
- There is an optional early arrival Thursday for a welcome dinner.
September 27th-29th, 2019 – Banyandah Naturally, Howlong NSW.
- EARLY BIRD SPECIAL $625.00 USD (includes morning tea and lunch Friday and Saturday). Reserve your spot now and pay in full BEFORE JULY 15th to receive the discount.
- After July 1st the cost for the workshop is $825.00 USD.
- Dinners are optional and will be billed separately.
On-site lodging is available, but limited to 8 guests in the lodge, or caravan parking and camping. The Banyandah experience is exceptional, and it is highly recommended that you investigate the on-site lodging opportunities quickly before they fill. Contact Jane at Banyandah Naturally (email@example.com) for more information or to reserve.
There are also other lodging options in nearby towns, including vacation rentals. Please check back as some of those options will be posted here shortly.
- To register, download, save, and fill in this Workshop Registration Form. Email the completed form back to Leif at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once Leif has received your registration form, she will email you a PayPal invoice. You must pay in full before July 15th to receive the Early Bird Discount and your spot is not assured until you submit payment.
- If you need to arrange a payment plan, please email Leif at email@example.com as soon as possible to discuss options.
Email Leif at firstname.lastname@example.org with your completed registration form and with any questions regarding the workshop.
Email Jane at email@example.com with questions related to Banyandah Naturally, and on-site lodging options.