Combining over 20 years of clinical practice and academic teaching experience with extensive knowledge of current research and industry trends, the workshops and trainings I offer deepen the learning experience for those interested in equine-assisted activities and therapies or experiential therapy.
I work with programs or organizations to design unique educational experiences that meet the specific needs of the group. Workshops and trainings are a combination of hands-on and lecture-based content. Common workshop or training topics include:
- Introduction to equine-assisted activities & equine-assisted therapies
- The “how-to’s” of incorporating equine-assisted therapy
- Foundations of equine-assisted mental health and equine-assisted learning
- Facilitation skills for equine-assisted mental health and equine-assisted learning
- Activity design and treatment or educational planning for equine-assisted mental health and equine-assisted learning
- Equine ethics, evaluation and care
- Understanding and practicing experiential therapy including facilitation skills, working in nature and with other animals, and integrative practices.
Workshops are typically hosted by a program or organization and are open to the public, while trainings are usually designed for the staff/therapists/volunteers of the program or organization specifically.
Interested? Contact Leif